Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Please pray...still!

We know that many of you are waiting to hear an update on the adoption stuff since we asked you to pray a couple of weeks ago, so here it is.

Information has been confusing and convoluted, but this is what has happened so far: We did not hear anything by April 1, and received an email that we should go ahead with the update process.  We trust the Lord and are confident in His provision, so we were willing to do whatever it takes and we continued with the update paperwork.  Then, on April 4, we received an email, saying that all I-600 families (ours included) received provisional approval and orphanage recommendations to the adoption authority in Haiti (IBESR).  It was stated that there was a chance, because approval was made, that formal referrals could be dated March 31, thus not necessitating an update.  Then we got another update, saying that formal referrals were unlikely to be back dated, and to move forward with the update paperwork ASAP.  Then TODAY we received ANOTHER update saying that Haiti has declared that I-600 families with provisional approval (a.k.a., us), would be able to move forward without updating.  So, there we are. 

We want you to know, and recognize, that, as Scripture declares, "the prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." (James 1:16).  Because of the prayers of the righteous, on our behalf and on behalf of all of the I-600 families who have been waiting, God has seen fit to bless every single one of those families by putting it in the mind of someone at the IBESR to make sure that all of them were provisionally approved and received orphanage child recommendations that last week of March.  On average, before that week, they were matching a few families a month.  That week they provisionally matched and received recommendations for 34.  Now, we recognize that Haiti could change their minds about whether we'll be able to move forward without an update, but the fact remains that a child has (or children have) been recommended for us and that all the IBESR has to do now is mark their approval and send us a formal recommendation.

Thank you again for your prayers.  Please join us in continuing to pray for us and the other I-600 families.

Andy and Megan

No comments: