Friday, June 17, 2011

Birthday Fun

So here we are in WY and LOVING it! Janet is here with us and we are loving that too!!! While we were in Cheyenne, we had some 1st birthday pictures taken of Joni (the first professional pictures since she was born). Here is a smattering of what we got....the first is my favorite.
Once Janet got here, we had the rest of her birthday celebration. I made a cake (which totally flopped and could have been submitted to CakeWrecks). Miraculously, I saved it and it turned out pretty good....to look at. The only person that ate any was Joni (and Hadley) and I was thankful for that. Not my best work.
Joni shared a little with Hadley....
....and did a great job of making a mess.
She got lots of wonderful presents from Nana and Papa too.
Then the day of darkness came :(. So sad....I turned 30 this year and since Janet and Andy have known that I have been dreading this day....they went all out with the black/over the hill theme (even though I am not technically "over the hill" the theme fit my mood about turning "old" :))
Andy made me an awesome scavenger hunt which lead to a wonderful biscuits and gravy breakfast (which I didn't have to make) and to.....
lots of AWESOME presents!!! Thanks again so much for everything!!!!
That night we went to Sanford's for dinner where Sarah (my dear friend) and Courtney and Shaun were waiting. It was a fantastic day....besides the whole turning 30 part. And I have to admit, so far it hasn't been too bad :)
This was one of the table decorations that Hadley was happily waving around and yelling..."Mom is old!" so everyone in Sheridan could hear. It is a running family joke that I am old (and always will be) since I am 2 years older than Andy. Turning 30 2 years before him, and CARING that I am turning 30 made the "Mom is old," all that more fun to say...see the video below....which is hilarious (if I can get it to load) even if I am old :(

1 comment:

Casey said...

ADORABLE pictures of Joni!!!! so SO cute! :)

happy 30th :)

i'm reading "The Help" also...it's a great read so far!